When Are Dental Crowns Needed?
Getting dental crowns is a great way to improve a damaged tooth. They are dental caps that cover the outside of the teeth and are routinely used to correct many different types of dental issues. Read on to find out how Drs. Chad and Natalie Corley at Corley Family Dental in Decatur, IL can help restore your smile.
1. You have damaged teeth. Dental crowns are routinely used to repair badly decayed and damaged teeth. They're also used to protect teeth following root canal treatment. They fit, feel, and function like real teeth.
2. You want a natural smile. Dental crowns can give you a naturally beautiful smile because they look like your original teeth. They can match the color of your teeth for the most natural results, and your dental provider can choose from over 12 shades.
3. You want stronger teeth. Dental caps can strengthen your worn-down, weakened, and damaged teeth. They are incredibly strong and tough like tooth enamel. Porcelain-fused-to-metal and all-porcelain dental caps are strong and produce pleasing aesthetics.
4. You have broken teeth. Dental crowns can restore your broken teeth. It's very difficult to eat when you have broken teeth. Dental crowns will give you the ability to enjoy good food again, as they restore the structure of your damaged teeth so you can eat in comfort. With crowns in place, you will be able to eat the foods you love.
5. You have discolored teeth. Dental caps can give you a brighter smile. If your teeth have darkened after root canal therapy, bleaching them won't help. Also, teeth bleaching will not lighten some teeth stains, like doxycycline stains. In these cases, your Decatur family dentist may recommend covering the discolored teeth with a dental crown.
Your journey to a strong & healthy smile starts here. Call Corley Family Dental at 217-330-6217 to schedule a consultation in Decatur, IL and get the smile you deserve.