Posts for tag: Dental Bonding
Can Dental Bonding Help My Smile?
When you smile, you notice a lot of small chips and cracks in your teeth. You’d like to fix them, but you don’t want to go through a lengthy, expensive dental treatment. You just want a quick, cosmetic fix so that your smile looks great again. It’s time for you to consider dental bonding, the easy, inexpensive way to correct small problems with your teeth and your smile. Your dentists at Corley Family Dental in Decatur, IL want you to know how dental bonding can give you the smile you’ve been waiting for.
Your dentists at Corley Family Dental want you to know about the versatility of dental bonding. It’s perfect for fixing small chips and cracks, and dental bonding can also correct other cosmetic dental issues, such as:
- Teeth discolored from medications, trauma or genetics
- Teeth worn down and uneven from age-related wear
- Teeth rotated and twisted from poor positioning
- Teeth spaced apart or overlapped from poor alignment
Dental bonding uses composite, a liquid resin material which your Decatur dentists can sculpt and shape perfectly. They will also color-match the composite to your teeth, which provides a seamless and natural look.
Your dentists at Corley Family Dental will apply etching material to your tooth surface. This creates small indentations to retain the composite. Next, a bonding agent is applied and finally the composite is placed on your tooth. The composite is hardened or “cured” using a high-tech ultraviolet light. As a final step, your dentists will shape and polish your new bonding to perfection. In most cases, you probably won’t even need to be numb!
You owe it to yourself to fix the small imperfections in your smile. Discover dental bonding, the quick, comfortable way to enhance your smile. It’s time to visit your dentists at Corley Family Dental in Decatur, IL. When it comes to your smile, you deserve the very best, so call today!
Dental bonding can be an option for a child if:
- A decayed tooth needs repaired
- A chipped or cracked tooth needs repaired
- The appearance of the tooth needs improved
- The shape of the tooth needs changed
- The tooth root has been exposed when gums recede
What to Expect with Dental Bonding
- Preparation: Little preparation is needed for dental bonding. Anesthesia is often not necessary unless it is being used to fill in a decayed tooth. A shade guide will be used to select a composite resin color, which will closely match the color of your child’s tooth.
- The bonding process: The surface of the tooth will be roughened and a conditioning liquid is applied. These procedures help the bonding material adhere to the tooth. The tooth-colored, putty-like resin is then applied, molded, and smoothed to the desired shape. An ultraviolet light or laser is then used to harden the material. After the material is hardened, Dr. Corley will further trim and shape it and polish it to match the sheen of the rest of the tooth surface.
- Time frame: Dental bonding typically takes about 30 to 60 minutes per tooth.