Posts for tag: Dental Crowns
These restorations promise hope to those with weak or damaged teeth.
If you’re dealing with chipped, cracked, or discolored teeth then we know that you’re ready for a change. You want to not only improve your smile’s appearance but also protect your damaged teeth from further problems. Fortunately, dental crowns are one of the most versatile restorations our Decatur, IL, family dentistry team of Drs. Chad and Natalie Corley have to offer.
When a tooth is severely cracked or damaged, it becomes weak and fragile. This means that even sitting down to certain meals can make the tooth even more susceptible to damage; however, a dental crown goes completely over the natural tooth to fully restore function into the tooth, making it significantly easier to chew and speak. Plus, the crown provides superior protection against further damage and decay, creating a shield around your tooth.
Improved Smile Esthetics
The dental crowns we offer at our Decatur, IL, family dentistry practice are made from porcelain or composite resin, so they are designed to look just like natural teeth. They even offer the same translucency that you expect from real teeth. Therefore, you can finally get the restored and perfect smile you once had without anyone knowing you’ve had work done. Only you will know that you have a dental crown.
Furthermore, dental crowns made from porcelain are stain-resistant, so you can enjoy all your favorite foods and beverages without having to worry that they will stain your new crown.
A Big Confidence Boost
If you’re not happy with your smile, you may also find that your self-esteem has taken a nosedive. After all, smiling offers a host of emotional, mental, and physical health benefits that you miss out on if you are suffering from damaged or missing teeth.
However, once you get your dental crown you can finally enjoy all the advantages that smiling has to offer. You will find that having a full, beautiful smile will be the ultimate boost to your self-esteem.
If you are dealing with cracked or damaged teeth that require immediate attention, call our family dentistry practice here in Decatur, IL, at (217) 330-6217. The team at Corley Family Dental is here to give you a healthy smile again.
Getting dental crowns is a great way to improve a damaged tooth. They are dental caps that cover the outside of the teeth and are routinely used to correct many different types of dental issues. Read on to find out how Drs. Chad and Natalie Corley at Corley Family Dental in Decatur, IL can help restore your smile.
1. You have damaged teeth. Dental crowns are routinely used to repair badly decayed and damaged teeth. They're also used to protect teeth following root canal treatment. They fit, feel, and function like real teeth.
2. You want a natural smile. Dental crowns can give you a naturally beautiful smile because they look like your original teeth. They can match the color of your teeth for the most natural results, and your dental provider can choose from over 12 shades.
3. You want stronger teeth. Dental caps can strengthen your worn-down, weakened, and damaged teeth. They are incredibly strong and tough like tooth enamel. Porcelain-fused-to-metal and all-porcelain dental caps are strong and produce pleasing aesthetics.
4. You have broken teeth. Dental crowns can restore your broken teeth. It's very difficult to eat when you have broken teeth. Dental crowns will give you the ability to enjoy good food again, as they restore the structure of your damaged teeth so you can eat in comfort. With crowns in place, you will be able to eat the foods you love.
5. You have discolored teeth. Dental caps can give you a brighter smile. If your teeth have darkened after root canal therapy, bleaching them won't help. Also, teeth bleaching will not lighten some teeth stains, like doxycycline stains. In these cases, your Decatur family dentist may recommend covering the discolored teeth with a dental crown.
Your journey to a strong & healthy smile starts here. Call Corley Family Dental at 217-330-6217 to schedule a consultation in Decatur, IL and get the smile you deserve.